Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a good festive break and the new year brings great things. I've certainly got big plans for 2011 and intend to keep you all more informed about what I'm up to via more regular blogs and newsletters to my mailing list.

2010

My main focus last year was a collaboration with musical director Michael Roulston on the Concept Cast Recording of Postcards from God - The Sister Wendy Musical. I was especially pleased when in December, Sister Wendy appeared on Graham Norton's show on BBC Radio 2 and they listened to 'Viva Sister Wendy!' live on air. You can hear them chatting on the show's Myspace page and listen and download all the songs for free at www.postcardsfromgod.co.uk.

November saw my inclusion for the fourth year running in LGBT arts festival Wise Thoughts GFest and Michael and I took to the stage in two shows at the Cochrane Theatre, joined by our new choir The Quicksilver Singers. You can hear the live demos we recorded at those gigs at www.myspace.com/marcusreeves.

January / February

The new year sees a series of live appearances. On Saturday January 22nd, The Quicksilver Singers will perform at Lavender Nights, a fundraiser for HIV charity Positive East. I will be celebrating my birthday on Thursday February 3rd at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern performing alongside anarchic performance artist David Hoyle and on Thursday February 17th, Michael and I will visit the Double R Club, paying tribute to all things David Lynch.

I hope you can make it along to one of the shows!

Best wishes for 2011

Marcus

No comments: